Friday, April 07, 2006

we looked like giants

Last night equaled one of the most glorious nights of my life. I stood thirty or so feet from one of the greatest songwriters that I know of - Ben Gibbard. Death Cab for Cutie is one of the most amazing bands that I have ever heard live, and I have a deepened respect for who they are. I am completely satisfied with my life as of right now.

Now let me tell you what I am not satisfied with. I was not satisfied with the band that opened for Death Cab last night. "The Cribs", they called themselves. More like..."The Bad-British-Brothers-Who-Wear-Ugly-Clothes Band". There are few things in life that I resent more than the 40 minutes of my life that I wasted watching them play. There were maybe 3 seconds of each song that they played, where if the instruments were mixed correctly, and I had my eyes closed, I might have enjoyed. Maybe. But those three seconds were overshadowed by the facts that the instruments weren't mixed well and I had my eyes open (and they didn't look all that great on stage).

Okay, that's all I'll say about that.

So I'm home alone for the weekend. I accidentally skipped Missions Day at school today. I feel like such a sinner. I mean, I know that I am a sinner. But, you know. More so. Kristian's family from Norway flew in on Wednesday, and they'll be visiting for two weeks. They all left (including my family) for Charleston yesterday. So I'm here until Sunday on my own. And then I go to the beach with some friends until Thursday. Which I am so very excited about.

Hey! It's Spring Break 2006! One month until graduation! (and my birthday!). Life is good.

No comments: