Sunday, December 31, 2006

so this is the new year

so many things have happened in the past year. i'm sure you will all be disappointed to know that i'm not going to take the time to reflect on everything that has come to pass, but i don't feel that it is entirely necessary. however, i can say with confidence that i see God's hand in my life. He shows me something new every day, whether I admit to it or not.

in less than 7 days, I am going to be leaving for the Philippines for 5 months. i think that the reality of this trip has sort of snuck up on me. only recently have i realized that i really am leaving. and i really will be gone for five whole months. i'm excited. i'm scared. i'm overjoyed. i'm apprehensive. this is going to be the first time i've truly been 'on my own' for such an amount of time.

i've had a wonderfully relaxed celebration of the new year. i hope all of you have had one as fabulous as mine.

i'll post more soon. count on it.

No comments: