Monday, August 27, 2007

I like your sundress



Ben Kweller knows how to rock and roll.
I gave him a hug on Friday night.
He was more than willing to accept the embrace and to return it.
But he made it very clear before we hugged that he was "nasty".
I think he was talking about how sweaty he was after playing onstage.
He was very friendly and a little bit shorter than I imagined he would be.
But now that I think about it, I never really had a notion of his height. So I guess it doesn't matter.

He played really well. His vocal performance was one of the best that I've seen in awhile. It's kind of a gamble with vocals, these days. I appreciate Ben Kweller so much more knowing that what he does on record is exactly what he can do onstage. He played a pretty good mix of songs from his three albums. I have to say, though, I enjoyed the selections from "Sha Sha" the best. I think probably because I have such a history with that album. I'm sure lots of people do, too. It's really a great album. His newest album is great, too. And I really appreciate the second album more now that I got to hear some of the songs live.

Nashville is certainly a good place for music. I don't think I'll ever be in a position where I'm trying to find a show to go to but cannot find one. It's more likely that there will be too many shows to go to, and my wallet will catch on fire due to such intense use.

I think I'm going to go see the Rentals play with Copeland this Friday. Can you believe that? The Rentals! "If you're friends with P, well then you're friends with me". That's right.

I leave you with this picture which will act as proof of my contact with B. Kweller.

No comments: