Thursday, June 16, 2005

between blades of grass

i'm sitting in my backyard at the moment. oh, one of the many the joys of modern technology - wireless internet. i felt like a change. i'm tired of writing posts under the dull monotonous yellow glow of the light in my room. where is the inspiration in that? it's many times more gratifying to sit under the cloudless evening sky, to breathe fresh air, and to recieve inspiration from all sides. the sky, might i add, is the epitome of 'relax' tonight. it is the sort of blue that you wish your eyes could be (that is, if you indeed wanted blue eyes). but anyways, i'm sorry. i'm done ranting about my surroundings.

okay, not quite - the only downside i've noticed so far with posting outdoors is the fact that i'm currently suffering from temporary deafness in both ears due to the locamotive that has just clanked its way by my house, tooting all the while. if there were some better word than 'toot' to describe the sound it makes, i'd use it. but that will have to do. just know that when i say 'toot', it implies a sound that bursts the the strongest of eardrums on a regular basis.

last night my dreams were something to be noted. i dreamt about someone that i haven't talked to in quite sometime. the reason for dreaming of that person is lost on me, but, when i returned home and checked my email, there was a letter from them waiting for me. and since this morning, i've recieved two additional emails from them. i don't really...know. i can't really go into much detail about it, because, well, i just can't. but i wanted to share that oddity with all of you.

i had practice with sunny blunder today. parts of it were encouraging. other parts weren't. i'm mainly discouraged with myself. i either don't have good guitar parts for songs, or my effects don't cooperate, or my fingers don't play the right notes (which, i must say, is the most common scenario). i don't know. maybe sunny blunder deserves a better guitarist - someone who is more creative and solid and together. and i forgot about my keyboard part about 8 times today. i couldn't have felt any more unintelligent.

nonetheless, i'm still quite excited about this coming sunday. i'm not a seasoned performer, and i do get nervous, but i do enjoy performing. it thrills me.

i played tennis today, and enjoyed it immensely.


wow. i'm just looking up into the sky, and all of the blue swallows my vision. it's quite amazing. i only wish that i could venture to some place where there were no lights or trees or buildings to distract my eyes from the magnificent sky. skies are good things to look at. i need to do it much more often.



and i need to post out here more often, too.

No comments: