Sunday, March 30, 2008

the heavy heart

Sometimes I am positive that I am misunderstood 85% of the time that I communicate. Especially with people that I love. Especially those. I wish I could change this. I know that I can, though. So I'm not sure why I chose to use the word "wish". Therein lies the real problem, I believe.

I choose my words poorly. I speak before I think. I must be more deliberate if I ever hope to truly get my point across.

Right now, my head hurts so terribly bad. I would say that I am tremendously sad, if it weren't for the amazing things that God has been doing in my life. I wish that I could re-do alot of the things that I've done during this school year (There, I think that is the way the word "wish" should be used). I salute the concept that my freshman year in college is a learning year. Oh, how I've learned. I just feel like I have made alot of really stupid decisions that I've learned not to make many times in the past. But maybe that's what learning is - learning and re-learning and then learning some more. It has begun to get old, so I'd like to fervently seek to overcome some obstacles in my life during the next few weeks. I appreciate your prayers so much.

Spring break has come and gone in a blur. It seems like just yesterday that I was loading up my car and hitting the open road toward 10 days of unadulterated freedom and all the sand and sunshine any boy could ask for. And here I sit, 5:30 on Sunday morning, the day that I am packing back up and beginning the long drive back to Nashville. The break was good and much needed, though. The weather at the beach was a little bit chilly for my liking, but I enjoyed getting away from everything/one for awhile. I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of this semester has in store for me. I've been on my toes every since I've gotten to Belmont, and things always seem to be surprising me, so I'm sure that I have an eventful month ahead of me before summer officially begins.


love, steven.

5 comments:

ayoungpioneer said...

I wish I could re-do a lot of things.
Especially concerning this school year.

whit said...

freshman year being such a learning year is so true. its funny too cause you really dont see it coming when you leave high school hah....but its good to almost be done & to have learned so much from it

Anonymous said...

hey, i think you're fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Steven, you have a blog! Such joy!

Anonymous said...

You're alright to me and I think you're fucking brilliant.