Sunday, March 02, 2008

i write to keep the sleep away

So I'm in Knoxville for the weekend...

(I thought that maybe if I started this post off casually, maybe I could avoid the uncomfortable awkwardness of posting for the first time in a really long time. I was wrong.)

But I really am in Knoxville for the weekend. I'm actually leaving tomorrow (Which is actually today) to go back to Nashville. It's hard to believe how quickly this year has gone by. Am I seriously 1/4 of the way through college? I guess staying busy has helped to pass the time. I've certainly been busy, as indicated by my last post... and by the date of my last post.

I have not intentionally neglected blogging. I've just had to get acclimated to this brand new environment that is Belmont University. I think that I'm getting to the point where I can balance academics, music, social things, and blogging and still stay sane. But I guess we'll have to see about the blogging part. I can't make any promises, but I can definitely say that I have been inspired by Kristian, Anna, Troy, and now Justin (who has recently joined the blogging world. congratulations) to keep up the writing. So that is what I intend to do.

By the way, since I last posted, my entire family has visited me in Nashville! A few weekends ago, my parents, grandma, and two little brothers were able to visit. And last weekend, Leah, Anna, Kristian, Justin, Andy, Abby, Troy, Elsie, Matias, and Judah came to see me! It was wonderful being able to share with them my new "home" (whatever that means) and let them meet some of my friends here. They were also able to see me play a couple of shows with the Kopecky Family Band (http://www.myspace.com/kopeckyfamilyband).

It's nearly 5 AM here in Knoxville. I have been tossing and turning in bed for a little bit and thought that maybe it was time to break my blogging silence. Maybe now my spirit will be able to rest easy in this cold dark room in which it is dwelling.

Here's a picture for you, though. Goodnight my dear friends.


(Photo courtesy of Lauren Maus)
This was at a house show at my friend Ive's house. It was great fun.

7 comments:

Kristian said...

yay! Post!

Yes it certainly was a good, time, who would have thought an unfinished basement would be so conducive to so many people getting together for a show

Anonymous said...

steven. the key with blogging is not to put pressure on yourself. blog when you want. we'll be fine in the in-between time. look at andy. he's almost to his 2 year anniversary of blogging futility, and we still love him truly madly and deeply. are there pics of your shows that weekend up somewhere like facebook? holler back young 'un!

Steven said...

JR, yes. there are pictures on facebook. you can probably find alot of them under "More Pictures of Steven" or whatever.

i love you

Mrs. Lou said...

there he is.

beautiful...i had a great time steb...i think i'm coming back one of the first weekends in april...kewl?

annaelizabethh said...

wecine (aka "welcome".. can't write today) back, little stevie!

it was so fun visiting! i won't be with justin when he goes back, but i'll send my spirit (eh, creepy). haha. i love you!

Anonymous said...

i took that picture actually my dear. haha

Steven said...

i'm sorry selena. i love you. SELENA TOOK THE PICTURE, EVERYBODY.