Wednesday, September 08, 2004

aching teeth

i went to the dentist today, and hated every minute of it.

there really is nothing pleasant about it. the dental hygenist asked me after polishing my teeth and all if they felt cleaner. i lied and said yes, when they really felt the same. i'm sure it made her day. dentists also create very awkward situations (sorry audrey, there was no other word i could use and it get the point across). i mean, you're laying there with your mouth open, and somebody leaning over you poking little metal rods down your throat. what if you sneeze? seriously, that would be an absolute disaster. not only would you give the dentist a heart attack, he'd probably drop the tools into your mouth. and that would be an awfully interesting scene.

and i really hate opening my eyes whenever they are....operating (for lack of a better word). i did it today while the lady was cleaning my teeth. and we just sorta looked at each other for a second. then i closed my eyes again, because i knew she felt uncomfortable with me keeping my eyes open. as did i.

i also was told some discouraging news. i have to go back in to have at least one cavity filled. there may be another. that's what i get for not flossing. shame. on an even more discouraging note, i may get braces. and that wouldn't be a pretty sight.


i'm tired. time to sleep.

No comments: