Wednesday, September 15, 2004

at a loss for words

obviously, if i were really at a loss for words, i wouldn't attempt to post anything. the truth is, i have plenty of things to say. i just wish that i didn't, because it would make things easier.

i think that i'm in one of those situations where the only thing you can do is sit back and watch God work. and this is a place i have been in so many instances before. i've come down to my last couple years of highschool, after which i will further pursue less generalized education in college. as many of you know, my family has been in the Philippines as missionaries for the past 8 years, only returning on occasion for the summer, and my 6th grade year for a year. now i am a sophomore, and we are back again. my parents have come to the conclusion that they have fulfilled the vision that God instilled in them before going to the Philippines. They also feel that now is a time that they need to be here in the United States, for my grandparents, since they may need assistance in coming days.

What this means: My family will not be returning to the Philippines. My parents may at times return for part time ministry, but our family as a whole will no longer reside there.

What this means for me: I don't know. I've known about this news for quite some time, but haven't taken the time to think it through until recent days. I've realized that time isn't going to slow down and wait for me to make decisions about my future. And that thought is overwhelming. I could just stay here, and accept the fact that my time in the Philippines is over. Except for the fact that my best friends in the world are on the other side of the world. It's a selfish thought, but I crave the friendship that I have with them. Don't get me wrong, some of my best friends are here in South Carolina as well. That's why I'm in such a difficult position. I could also try to return to Faith my senior year to graduate with my friends, but that leaves my family, sunnyblunder, and friends, back here.

Conclusion: I was talking to my Dad tonight about it, and he recommended that I wait. If I wait for God's timing, He'll reveal the right thing to do. Until then, I must make the most of what I have, where I am... which is possibly one of the hardest things I've ever had to done, in this situation. But God has provided in the past, and I have not the slightest doubt that He won't provide again.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

exactly. i've been dealing with that too. waiting is so hard... but God told us that it would be hard. the encouraging thing is that He's right there with us and already knows what's gonna happen. -bethany

Anonymous said...

hi steven..i know how you feel about waiting..its really hard to do..and also all the stress that comes out of it. Galatians 6:2 says, "Carry each other's burdens." Maybe you should talk to some of your friends..i mean this kinda helps me! Well you are a great guy...Hope it works out because remember God doesn't put us in any problems that we cant get out of. So keep your head high! -Donnis

Anonymous said...

responding to my last comment...i meant problems we cant handle..there better choice of words:)