Monday, September 13, 2004

what a game

today we had a soccer game vs. a team out of Columbia called Glenforest. The name sounds as if they'd be good. Maybe it's just me, but some names give the impression that the team is good, and Glenforest is one of them. I don't know about GCS Hawks. Maybe that's just because I'm on the team. Anyways, the game was meant to start at 4. And it didn't. We were all ready, but the team didn't show up. Then we found out that they thought it started at 5... so.. that happened.

The entire day, it looked as if it were about to start pouring rain, but never really did until the second half of the game. Right, so the game. It was out of control. We won, and, er, the score was 13-0. I felt a bit bad, but, a few of the guys on the other team were playing...dirtily, so that pretty much did it with any sympathy that i may have began to feel towards them. I played okay. I think I'm starting to get better... slightly more comfortable with the ball, at least. I need to remember to take my time. Anyways, I started, and played for the first 20 minutes or so of the first half. Then I started the second half, and went out about 15 minutes into that half. I was satisfied.

Andy lent a cd to me by a band called Lovedrug. I like it alot, though I'm really not sure how to classify the music. If anyone is interested, try downloading "down towards the healing" or "pretend you're alive", the latter being one of my personal favorites.

GCS, my school, has a clever little system worked out so I can check my grades and such online. It's incredibly convenient. I just checked them, and I'm not doing too shabbily. I have an A- in History, an A in Algebra, a B in Biology (many many reasons for that), and I believe an A in Spanish, but it didn't have the cumulative grade. doubt that i spelt that correctly.

I don't know if I ever posted this or not, but my Biology teacher, Mrs. McGee, has resigned. When I heard this news, I was overjoyed. I mean, I know it's awful, but I believe she was happier leaving as well. And this way, I believe I can pull my grade up to an A, which would be excellent. Right now, good ol' Mr. Wiles is subbing. And he, my friends, is the man.

If anyone was wondering, my font is large for a reason. For some reason, this computer doesn't show the font editing options for when I post, so...i don't really get to choose. Hopefully this problem will be taken care of soon, for the sake of your eyes, and the aesthetics of the page.

that's all for now. enjoy the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy..Well i was going to the soccer game but didnt...o well...i am sorry it started late..that sucks..yeah im glad Mrs.Mcgee left and she isnt even my teacher yet! well bye:)

-Donnis

Anonymous said...

I was able to see the first little while, and you guys seemed to be doing really well. Glad to see yall won! -amanda