Monday, October 25, 2004

the end of a mediocre day

i'd be lying if i said that today was good - but today wasn't bad either. it just leaves me feeling like something was left to be done. but that feeling might be because i just left my dad's cell phone at the law firm. or maybe that's just part of it. either way, today was just... in the middle.

all of my classes seemed to take twice as long as they usually do. i had an incredibly difficult time staying awake in history. when the bell rang, i was wide awake. i really don't know why Jim's voice does such things to me, but i'm thinking i should record several hours of his speaking onto a tape and try listening to it while going to sleep. i'm sure it would knock me right out. on second thought, his voice playing in my subconscious all night may do awful things to my dreams.

i embarrassed myself in front of the entire biology class today by willingly being the guinea pig in one of Mr. Jones's demonstrations. i'll think twice next time. to make a long story short, it involved me sitting indian style in a small swivel chair, cocking my head entirely to the side, and closing my eyes, while they spun me around. when i opened my eyes, i was meant to feel dizzy and disoriented, and promptly fall to the floor. in my case, i fell to the floor without even opening my eyes. i don't know if anyone other than amy (the other person to try it) understands the amount of vulnerability you feel while being spun. it's the most peculiar thing. it's hard to think, and to keep your head tilted to the side, and you feel like you're being spun the reverse direction of which you're really spinning. needless to say, i can't say that i felt too smooth after doing that.

after school, i stood outside with some people for awhile. kicked the soccer around, then practiced with jonathan, ashby, and fle, for midnight madness. it went alright. i'm sure it will come together though. give it a weekend.

i'm playing with tim's band tomorrow at fusion (at the coffee and dessert company). which means that i practiced tonight with them. i'm playing bass - and i never really play bass, so i'm considerably rusty. i'm lucky that they are still willing to have me play. but i think it'll turn out okay. the only reason that i'm really sort of uneasy about it, is that it's a 'college-kid' gathering. and i'm not a college-kid. i've been in such situations numerous times before, and you'd think i'd know how to handle them. however, i don't.


hum...


"...and she said that i was the brightest little firefly in her jar"
[listening to: brightest - copeland]
[mood: passive]




No comments: