Saturday, October 30, 2004

hunting a pond-yeti

Yes, a Pond-Yeti. A Yeti that lives in ponds.

Last night, Fle, Ashby, and myself rode with Katie and Erin to Caroline Pinsons house. Clarke and Katie Fyock were also there, and Mary Beth rode over as well. Caroline (Clarke), Katie, Katie, and Ashby all rode off into the foggy night on the golf cart - by the way, this neighborhood that Caroline lives in is a semi-wealthy one, and the night is foggier than usual, making it all the more fun. Caroline, Erin, Fle, Mary Beth and I decided to walk around the neighborhood.

We ended up at this old cemetery. I don't know about you, but few things in this world scare me more than a foggy cemetery during night hours. As we entered, I pointed out a huddled mass by a tree to Mary Beth. She promptly decided to go investigate. So i followed. I was honestly expecting it to be some sort of undead creature guarding the cemetery grounds. to all of our disappointment, it was only a part of the tree. After we left the cemetery, we walked farther around the neighborhood, and had a cop pass us and shine his little light on us.

Let me take this moment to make clear that I've had very bad experiences with policemen in the past. For those of you who know me, you knew that, and for those of you who don't....well...I just told you.

Anyhow, later, as we were passing the pond, Mary Beth and I spotted these footprints leading to/from the pond. And they were really....peculiar. They were either really HUGE feet, or really small feet with at times huge stride. We saw more footprints everynow and then along the way. And although I didn't make mention of it, I was convinced that these tracks belonged to a large Pond Yeti, that at any moment would emerge from the depths and drag me into his underwater home.

After we got back to Caroline's house, we watched Friends for a little while. Mary Beth left. Then Caroline drove Caroline and Katie home. then Erin drove me, fle, and ashby home.


and it was a good night.

i'm not sure what i'm doing tonight, but i might be going to the hinrich's. we'll see. i'm so ecstatic about it being saturday. i love weekends.


[listening to: mistakes we knew we were making - straylight run]
[mood: goooood]

No comments: