Tuesday, January 18, 2005

the things to come...

i have a pretty good feeling about this semester. although i'm tired, worn out, procrastinating (as we speak), and in a complete dislike for school itself - i have this suspicion that things are going to turn out well, and there will be more that happens than i expect. i'd like to plant myself as much as possible in the Word of God this semester, and constantly be thinking to myself to have a Christlike attitude towards every situation. I tried it today, and it has turned out to be one of the most challenging things I've ever done. Almost every ten minutes I'd catch myself doing or saying something that was completely opposite from what I was trying to do. I challenge all of you to try this as well - not in a preachy "holier than thou" way, but just as one Christian to another. It has made me think about my attitude towards people, and my attitude towards life in general.

[note: I know at least one person has noticed this in my life - it appears that I fluctuate alot. One day I may be living for myself - for the moment - and doing what pleases myself. Then suddenly I've transformed into some sort of spiritual machine. I'd like to point out that I'm not trying to put on a mask and pretend that I'm a perfect person or that I'm always doing the right thing. I'm not. I'm human, and humans make mistakes. I'm sure there will be thousands of other instances that I go through a "me" phase, and then I'll be drawn back by the Spirit of God. God doesn't expect us to be perfect - all that He asks is that we surrender our hearts to Him in worship, and to put forth every ounce of our energy furthering His Kingdom. When mistakes happen, they happen, and we are to repent, and we then discover new depths to God's unending mercy. It has happened countless times to me. Anyhow, I've probably gone further than I intended to, but I just didn't want give the wrong impression in whatever I've been writing, because there have certainly been misunderstandings in the past.]


I was able to get my waiver today. Unfortunately, while taking my new license picture, my incredible lack of photogenic-ness shone as brightly as day. That's all that really needs to be said. Needless to say, only my closest friends and relatives will be given the privilege of viewing this horror, and be allowed to scoff me to no end.

Wow, anyways, I've procrastinated far too long, and I need to do my reading for Anatomy and Physiology. Wonderful.

No comments: