Sunday, February 20, 2005

of montreal

so, tomorrow i'm going to Atlanta with my mom and brothers to pick up my sister, Leah, who is flying in from Norway. i am super excited about her coming back - especially since she'll be here for at least a year. Kristian, my brother-in-law, is flying in sometime early March... I'm not sure of the exact date. But I'm really happy that they are coming back. I can't wait.

I have an anatomy quiz tuesday. Then a test wednesday. This week is going to be an academic nightmare.

i really hate music-writing blocks. even moreso since I'm stuck in one as we speak. I have numerous song ideas and melodies, but I'm never clever enough to write suitable music or lyrics to weld them into complete songs. i do hope that this is a phase, and that i am not going to be uncapable of writing a full song for the rest of my life. i don't know if i could live with that.

lately, i have been into alot of different music than what i usually tend to listen to... not that i don't like them. it's just that i normally listen to... different things. lately, my playlist has looked something like this..
1. the strokes
2. franz ferdinand
3. the killers
4. the stills
5. muse
6. lovedrug
7. keane
8. the white stripes
9. and the like

why such a sudden change in taste? it's not so much a change in taste as it is a need for change. for the last few months, i've been listening to bands such as copeland, mae, the format, the rocket summer, etc etc etc. i still thoroughly enjoy each and every one of those - and would definitely consider them some of my favorite bands. but i feared that i would grow tired of listening to them. which would be an awful thing. so i just made a change.


i'm done with writing for now.

No comments: