Monday, May 02, 2005

"i won't try to explain why i believe...

....'til i rest in peace. i won't try, if you don't try...." [if you can name that tune, i'll kiss you].

prom was this weekend. saturday evening, to be more precise. the morning began like most other saturday mornings for me, except that i awoke feeling as if i had spent the previous night in a garbage can. i've never felt dumpier than i did that morning. it did little to dampen my spirits though, seeing as this was the "big day". as i opened my groggy eyes, i also came to the realization that aside from my complete state of "dumpus extremis" (the biological term for a dangerous level of dump), it was storming outside. i, like most people, enjoy a nice spring shower every now and then. but not on 'prom day'. it eventually subsided, much to my delight. the prom itself was a very educational experience for me. as i'm sure most of you know (as if i haven't mentioned this enough already), i grew up in the philippines, and attended a school called faith academy. at this school, middle school and high school have a species of social gathering commonly referred to as "Banquets". From what I've heard, Banquets are distant relatives of Proms, bearing slight resemblance, but overrall, having nothing in common. Therefore, I was utterly unprepared for what I faced at the Greenwood Christian School Junior/Senior Prom of the year Two Thousand and Five.

There was dancing. I've never danced socially in my entire life, and I shuddered at the thought of myself being out "on the floor" displaying my moves for the world to see. I'm sure I wasn't the only one doing the shuddering. However, my prom date came to my rescue, and made it look like I had done it before, and somehow I left the event without being publically humiliated, beaten, or scoffed.

The night was concluded with a midnight rendezvous at Huddle House, which everyone knows, is where the magic happens. I filled my empty stomach with a "Golden Waffle" (yes, it says it on the menu), and the rest of my group feasted on various other items.

I ended up returning home at roughly 2:30 AM, after dropping my date, Stephen Moore's date, and Stephen off at their respective homes. Unfortunately, each of the 3 homes spanned to the three corners of the state of South Carolina [hyperbole].

And that was that. The prom ended, tuxes were returned, and life returned to normal.


Tomorrow, I'll be inducted into NHS (or, National Honors Society). How was I even eligible? I have no idea. But somehow it all worked out in my favor. In other academic news, I'll be graduating roughly one year from now. A part of me is completely excited and eager to dive into another chapter of my life, and another part of me is wanting to live like I am right now for the rest of my life. All good things come to an end, though, and I know that God has great things in mind for me. I could use everyones/anyones prayers in that area of my life (Listening to God's voice, and knowing what paths to take in the future). I'm very appreciative.

That's all for now. I'm going to try to post more regularly. I apologize for the short break in my otherwise steady fidelity with this thing. Not only do I feel guilty for not keeping fresh posts up, but my writing skills are also shrinking into a shriveled mass of uncreativity.

Anyways, enough rambling. goodnight, all.

No comments: