Thursday, May 26, 2005

it's funny...

this summer is a funny thing. you see, at this point in my summer, i'd typically be overcome with a blissful sense of detachment knowing that I had no real responsibilities to tend to for the upcoming 2 or so months. no schedules, no plans, no commitments. just an unmapped road ahead - inviting me to embark on its uncharted trails. i don't feel that right now. in fact, i don't really feel like school has ended. sure, i don't have to go to class and endure tireless lecture and assignment, but that doesn't mean that i have nothing else unpleasant to do. i have 3 classes to finish this summer: US History, Government, and Consumer math. I wouldn't be concerned with that if those were my only worries over break. However, I have a job at Bruster's, and who knows what kind of hellish hours they are going to force me to work. Plus, I've been asked to teach drum lessons and to help in the orchestra for the play Joseph at the Community Theater. Of course, I'd get paid for these things (not the schoolwork). I'd get paid especially well for the theater production. But there is a fine line that separates the importance of getting rest during your summer vacation and making money. I haven't quite found it yet.

And there are these decisions that need to be made soon; decisions that I really can't decide. Not all of them are important, mind you. Some of them, maybe. But needless to say, they all must be made.

My brain isn't functioning to it's full potential, therefore, my creative output is equivalent to the singing abilities of a mute Iranian tree-ferret.

Tonight's post has ended. You may all return to your daily routine, unless reading my blog is part of your daily routine. And if that were the case, then I'd promptly give you a hug and a kiss and encourage you to continue to the next item on your schedule.

Thanks. Goodnight.

No comments: