Friday, August 13, 2004

the bruised ankle

it sure seems like most of my posts revolve around what happens in soccer practice. peculiar, isn't it? i guess soccer is the only interesting thing currently happening in my life, which is a little bit depressing. i'll explain the subject in a second..

today was friday. normally, i'd be overjoyed, knowing that the weekend would hold fun times spent with friends. i don't see any of that in store for me this weekend. justin has gone to college, so i'll only see him on weekends. andy leaves in the morning, and i have no idea when i'll see him. both situations are saddening, because they have been two of my closest friends this summer. tomorrow my family is going to atlanta, and i'm staying home to study for a spanish and biology test, both i have at the beginning of next week. GREAT. i doubt i'll do anything remotely fun tomorrow, and that makes me want to cry. haha. saturdays are supposed to be... the days that...you...do...fun stuff. haha, i dunno. nevermind. maybe i will. we'll see.

since andy is departing for clemson, the drumming position at calvary chapel has been bestowed on me. i'm not unhappy with it, i'm just a little bit uneasy, because i haven't played drums in a long long time. i don't know how good of a job i'll do.

soccer was fun today. we began with 6 laps (that wasn't the fun part, by the way), then did some drills. then we did a mini-scrimmage type thing. yep, you guessed it. this is where it became fun. scrimmaging seems to be the only redeeming thing about soccer practice so far, except for the fact that it's getting us in ridiculously good shape. i was cleated in the ankle by dillon robertson, which made me want to cry. hahaha. it hurt so much, i can't even begin to explain it, but i kept playing. i played defense today, and i think that will be the case during games as well. i guess my ankle injury is partly my fault, however. i seem to lose touch with everything around me when i'm going for the ball. i'm not aware that i may be kicking someones shins off in my quest for the ball. i guess you could say that i'm aggressive when i play sports, but you can thank rugby for that. that's what it does to you. haha. i had several comments from people after practice about how "it will be fun to watch" me play defense this year. haha. we'll see.

um, i suddenly got tired. i don't know why. but it's damaging my ability to write coherently. i guess i'll write more later if i feel up to it.

ENJOY.

2 comments:

MS said...

you should check out my shin... it's crazy purple. and the bruise has spread to the bottom of my foot.
yucky.

sarah dean m. said...

one good thing about playing drums is that a good percentage of the songs don't even need them. Besides, you are behind a wall. hehe..well you will do great.