Thursday, August 12, 2004

a rainy day

today was the gloomiest thing i've experienced in a long time. the morning was overcast and cold, and as the day progressed it began to rain, and rained for the rest of the day until school was out. soccer practice was cancelled, and i could care less. i went to the moore's for a bit after school with ashby, felipe, and gandhi. we didn't do much. just sorta talked and listened to music, then my dad picked me up. i came home, had a stomach ache, and slept for an hour or so. arose for dinner, and now i'm here.

nothing exciting, if you ask me.

i've sort of made a realization today. i realized that i need to start... acting my age. if that makes any sense at all. i'll explain. since i was little, i've chiefly hung out with people that are older than me by a couple of years. this means that now that they're going to college, i'm left in high school. they have on them the responsibilities of an adult, and do things without parental supervision, unlike me. therefore, their future "gatherings" will be those made up of the 'college kid group'. THEREFORE, i'll be invited less. now i'm not having a pity party, just stating recent realizations i've made. and i'm not saying that i don't have friends that are my age, because i do. but my closest friends are those who are now 18 years old. and i'm still 16. wee.


hmm. okay.

No comments: