Tuesday, August 17, 2004

dream job

on my way home from soccer practice today, my mom informed me of a phonecall she had taken for me. a man called offering me a job to play drums for a Greenwood Community Theater production in the next couple of weeks. apparently, the previous drummer dropped out at the last minute. anyhow, somehow he heard that i played, found my number, and called. obviously, this wouldn't be a steady job, but it seems that the pay is really good, and would be a good way to make money fairly fast. they are supposed to be rehearsing every night of next week. and they said i'd be paid $25 per rehearsal. after rehearsals, there are 10 performances. i'm supposed to be getting paid $50 per performance. so...that's...quite cool. and what makes it even cooler, is that it's not work to me. it's fun. so i'm getting paid to do something i really enjoy doing. and paid well. the job isn't confirmed completely yet, though, he needed to talk to some lady tonight about it, but he's calling me tomorrow to let me know. it would be really great if i got to do this. it definitely shows God's provision, when i wasn't even looking for a way to make money.

no homework tonight. hurray. i'm sort of in a mental mess concerning my history class. i don't understand exacty what's supposed to be happening. i guess we'll see. i'm frightened to see how the semester turns out. the rest of my classes are quite fine. i recieved a 100 on my spanish test today, and 100 on my algebra quiz. both of those results pleased me immensely. haha. yes.

enjoy!

[listening to: JRF mix]

1 comment:

sarah dean m. said...

*high five*

YES! God is awesome.