Monday, November 29, 2004

are apologies owed?

i've neglected writing much of anything for the past week. but for a good reason. it was thanksgiving break, and the leigh's were here. it was alot of fun, but very physically draining. i'm not a great host, but i still had a really fun time with zach. and now it's monday, and school is back in session. the only thing i have to look forward to now is that in two weeks, it will be time for christmas break. and two weeks really isn't much time at all.

yesterday i was sitting here at my computer, and began chatting with a friend of mine - anna trammell. we began talking, then the topic of school came up, and i asked what she had planned for the next couple of years, whether she'd stay where she was, or go somewhere else. it was at that time that she reminded me of her plans to audition to go to the South Carolina Governor's School of the Arts, with a focus in drama. when she mentioned this, i remembered my initial interest in the school a year or so ago when she told me about it, but i suppose i just set it aside, and never had thought of it again. the school also offers focus areas in visual arts, dance, music, and creative writing. although the school only accepts the "best of the best" (right?), i'm considering this one of my options for the next two years, even if i only get to the point of auditioning, then them denying me. it's an interesting prospect, however, i'm still only considering. if i were to "apply" to go, i'd most likely focus on creative writing. although music is really my "thing", writing has also been something i've loved, and have considered pursuing as a career in the future. i also don't read music, which would become a problem very quickly.

tonight i have several things on the agenda. most importantly, my spanish verb book. maybe that should have been capitalized. lets try that again. my Spanish Verb Book. haha. I have to conjugate 50 verbs, and make a little book. i'm expecting that to consume most of my evening - or at least whats left of the evening after i finish procrastinating. i also have a bit of algebra homework, and some "optional" history reading.

and tomorrow is a basketball game in augusta. if all goes as planned, i'll be leaving the school with the team at 1:45. yess.

i feel that its safe to say that i had a good day today. really, besides the fact that my lips are chapped, or nearing that point, my spirits have remained relatively high. and believe me, the condition of your lips has alot to do with your mood. ask anyone. except for someone with no lips, because they may become offended. if you do happen to find someone with such a misfortunate abnormality, and dare to ask them (which is a gamble on your life, personally), don't mention my name.

i leave you with that...


[listening to: transatlanticism - death cab for cutie]
[mood: transatlantic]

No comments: