Sunday, November 21, 2004

the candidate wrote furiously, as if to save his life

i wish i could have more nights like i did last night. it was so free from drama and complications, which are two things that consume the rest of my life. i went to anderson with tim yesterday afternoon, to the mall so that he could shop for clothes. he's taking a trip to New York City this wednesday to visit his brother, and he only has (or had) one pair of pants. since it's already snowing up there, he felt the need to purchase more articles of clothing. i felt this reasoning was valid... so we went up there and had a grand time. we saw erin, katie, fle, and ashby at the mall... they were returning from the clemson game. we talked to them for a bit, then they left. we also saw alison gore and her mom, which was pretty cool.

on our way back into greenwood, we took a "detour" and stopped by Tyler Leinbach's infamous Bean Dip Party. There, we encountered the likes of Stephen and M'Cheyne Moore, Kristy Collins, Zach Jennings, Joy Cain, April-somebody, and the man himself, Tyler, who was dressed fashionably in a tight green bowling t-shirt, complimented by brown wool pants. We lingered in the living room for a small time before the decision was made to go to the "Rock House". At first, I assumed this was some sort of lame hybrid of "Hard Rock Cafe" and "House of Blues". Then I heard the story. Apparently, the Rock House was some creepy-beyond-words old stone house in the middle of nowhere, that supposedly had some dark past. So we drove out there.

Tyler drove one group in the Bronco, and I rode with Tim (and Kristy and M'Cheyne) in his car... with only like... a cup of gas remaining in his tank.

I'm not going to go into detail regarding the Rock House festivities, but only rarely did I become frightened, and this fear was only aroused by Tim's ever lowering gas-gauge. and if you know me, i can often scare easily.

we went to a couple of other places before i was dropped back at the leinbach's, waiting for my sister to pick me up and drive me home.

in other news, I've made some decisions this weekend. I'm pretty sure it will end up being in everyones best interests, even if it doesnt at the moment. but i'm pretty sure it was the right thing to do, if you disagree, let me know, and i'll explain it in simple terms for you. if you don't know what i'm talking about, you needn't.

in other other news, thanksgiving is closing in fast, and i'm still undeserving of such a feast. i probably don't NEED it either, i epitomize "out-of-shape".

tomorrow is a basketball game at GCS. i love basketball games, so i'm there. but in order for me to reach the basketball game, i must make it through the school day. what lies in store for me? i know of at least 3 things. 1. an assignment for fyock that counts as a test grade...which i'll have to do tomorrow at lunch, since i left the thing in my locker. 2. a biology test.. if i'm lucky, it'll be easy. 3. a creation vs. evolution debate. this is what i'm probably most uneasy about. all i have is 2 pages of detailed points. i'd hate to read it straight off, but that may be what i end up doing.

it's 9:56 PM, and my body cries for sleep. and sleep i shall give it.

"such an awful tragic night, though i've only done what's right"
[listening to: pedro the lion]
[mood: readyyy]

No comments: